Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
The health and wellbeing of our guests is of the utmost importance. So, while we all deal with the effects of coronavirus (Covid-19), we wanted to let you know what we are doing to keep our holiday properties safe.
We realise that these are uncertain times; any cancellations made within 5 days of arrival will receive a full refund and will not forfeit the security deposit; this applies to current and future bookings throughout summer 2020.
Guests who book through Airbnb will receive a full refund from us, but the service fee from Airbnb may not be refunded; more details can be found on their website.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any queries.
A note about cleaning and preparation following Covid-19
In light of the Covid-19 situation, we have made certain changes to the cottages, and our routines. We wanted to make you aware of these at the beginning.
- If you suspect you have contracted Covid-19 prior to your visit, please cancel your stay. You will receive a refund – please see our Airbnb cancellation policy for details. Alternatively, we are very happy to rearrange your stay to dates which suit both parties.
- If you suspect you have contracted Covid-19 during your stay, we ask that you follow the guidelines, return home, and follow the test and trace procedures. We also ask that you let us know.
- If you discover on returning home that you have contracted Covid-19, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible.
- We currently have 24 hours minimum between guests. During this time we deep clean the property, following guidance from Public Health England and Airbnb; all cleaning takes place by staff wearing gloves and face masks, and all touch-surfaces are sanitised.
- All cutlery, utensils, day-to-day crockery and glassware are washed before your arrival; we provide a pair of disposable gloves in case you would like to wash them again before use, for your own peace of mind. Cleaning products and hand sanitiser are also available.
- We are no longer able to leave a cream tea for your arrival. However we do leave individually wrapped teabags, coffee capsules, milk, biscuits, and toilet roll. These are all stored safely and only handled by staff wearing gloves and masks. If you would prefer us not to leave these items, please just let us know.
- We are longer able to leave out leaflets for local attractions. We do however have information regarding local places of interest, restaurants & cafes, and shops in our online guidebook on Airbnb, and on our website at www.chenhallscottages.co.uk. Further information about some these will also follow later in this manual. Please remember that many of these establishments now require booking in advance, and we recommend you check out their online presence to find out more.